Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello Friends,
Here's wishing you all good things for 2014.  I hope you had fun yesterday evening and a lovely start to 2014 today.

Do you have fun plans for the year? Any resolutions?

It's a big year for Joe and I: We both turn a decade older. :) For me, that happens 4 months tomorrow and I'd really like to be in much better shape to mark the milestone. So resolutions include eating healthier and working out consistently. Here's to a healthier 2014!

On the crafting front, I was really happy with 2013: Mum's quilt completed; Berties Blanket completed (thanks to you); lots of gift knits...  In 2014 I'd like to complete the 2nd Bertie's Blanket for hospice, and continue making gift for friends and family.

What I also have in mind is to limit my craft purchases. Not stop altogether (let's start with baby steps :))) But I do want to reach a point where my output exceeds my stash enhancement.  And then maybe next year consider whittling down ;o)

There are lots of other things I have in mind on the home front - clearing out, simplifying, improving home organization etc...  It's all typical stuff. But I do love January 1 and that 'let's start afresh feeling'

In the mean time I have this extremely short term goal that I've been working on - to try and finish the 12 days of Christmas cross stitch by the end of the 12 days.  It is an aggressive goal. But I am loving working on the project, so lets see how this goes.



day 3: french hens, originally uploaded by samjoepics.

Wishing you all the very best for 2014
Love
Sam
xxx

4 comments:

Ginx Craft said...

Good luck with all your plans for 2014. I love the cross stitch sampler.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Happy New Year, Sam! I'm loving the 12 days of Christmas cross stitch :) I hope to be more crafty this year, and finish my first quilt!

Nicky said...

Happy New Year Sam!!! Love to you, Joe and Naomi.

Kim said...

Happy New Year, Sam!!

You are doing great on 12 Days. I'm still working my way through the border :)