Wednesday, October 31, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Monsters!

It seems fitting that my WIP project for this week is a monster.  The pattern is wickedly cute:  Daphne and Delilah by Danger Crafts.  The yarn is Lion Brand cotton ease and I use a size 6 needle.

Daphne and Delilah take 2

If you've been visiting this blog for some time you may recall that I made a bunch of the Danger Crafts monsters for Naomi's nursery.  Daphne and Delilah are her favourites and have often made a trip into daycare.

Penelope & pals

One of the ladies at daycare would just go gaga over these little guys and since she is expecting a baby next month I thought it would be fun to make her (and the wee one) their very own Daphne and Delilah monsters :)

Other than that we've been to a couple of early Halloween trick or treat parties, and have been preparing for the real deal today:

Grab bags of play doh ready for Naomi's class mates - check

Grab Bags for Daycare

Giganto bowl of candy ready for this evening - check

Candy at the ready

Cutest costume ever - check


Happy Halloween

Wishing you a happy Halloween!
Sam
xxx

4 comments:

Nicky said...

Oh man, your Minnie's adorable!!!!!!!

I love those RD monsters, "Minnie's" teacher would love what you make for sure!

Unknown said...

I love the start of the monster. Those colors are so sweet! And the mouse in your house is adorable!

Stefanie said...

I love the pic of you and Naomi. She looks like you.
Great variety of candy for Halloween and how smart to forgo candy for the class! No worries about allergies and such.
I love the striping of the monster. The teacher will be so delighted!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I just love the knit monsters! The mom-to-be will be so happy to have her own :) I hope Minnie had a fun time on Halloween!