Sunday, July 22, 2012

Minnie Mouse dress

Last night I made this cute little dress for Naomi.

Minnie Mouse dress

You are impressed, right? 
Don't be...

...You can buy fabric that is already hemmed at the bottom, and smocked at the top.  The majority of the work is done for you!  I picked this fabric up at Joann Fabrics.  Well, I should say that Naomi picked out this fabric :)  She's been Disney crazy ever since we returned from our hols there.

Front of Minnie Mouse dress

Not only was the dress super easy, it was also inexpensive.  The fabric was $5, after applying one of the 50% Joann Fabric coupons.  As for the ribbon and rose, I'm a little embarrassed to admit that they came off a box of chocs that Joe had bought for me ages ago.  They were simply too nice to throw away.  I was happy to put them to good use on this dress. :)

Back of  Minnie Mouse dress

So, all I needed to do was seam up the back of the fabric, using a french seam for a nice neat finish.  And then stitch the ribbon straps to the inside front of the dress so that they could be tied halter-style around the back of her neck.  And as Naomi would say 'Ta-daaaa!'.

Hope you are having a good weekend,
Sam xxx

2 comments:

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Naomi looks adorable in her Disney dress! The ribbon and rose are a perfect addition :)

Andi said...

This is one adorable dress. Regardless of what you say, I'm impressed.