Sunday, April 03, 2011

Hello... I haven't disappeared

A whole month since the last post? Where does the time go?

Happy Mothering Sunday to all Mums in the UK! Most especially mine :)

Since the US and UK celebrate mother's day on different dates I find it is easy for me to miss the UK one (which is alwways before the US). This year though, I was ahead of the game and was proud of myself for getting a little something in the mail in plenty of time. Except wouldn't you know it, it didn't arrive! Harrumph! So, sorry Mum if this ruins the surprise. And hopefully the goodies arrive in the next couple of days.

I put this card together and used a little plastic cup in the center of the flower to hide a package of troll beads. How cute is that!

Mothering Sunday card

I've also been putting some Easter packages together. The little flowers are simply pencils (for the stalks) with the heads made by using a flower shaped paper punch and some patterned paper - simply cut 2 flower heads, stick the sides together using double sided sticky tape and slip on the top of the pencil.

Easter baskets

Ooh yes, I've also started getting the photos ready for this year's Easter card. Need to finish the cards today and get in the mail tomorrow.

Easter card

And felt it was only right that Bruno get a turn! (Bella, quite rightly, was having none of it).

Back up Easter model

And of course there has been some knitting. I have been making slow progress on the baby olive blanket - my priority one project. 3 panels done. 5 to go. I need to step up the pace on this one to have this completed in May. Loving the last strip with the blue and green colour combo.

Baby Olive

Next project which I am super excited to start is a baby quilt and matching diaper/nappy bag for my sister who is expecting a baby in August. That's right, I'm going to try my hand at sewing again. I had soo much fun at the fabric store with Stacey and Terrie picking fabric out. And now am itching to get started! Roll on next weekend :)

Wishing you all a Happy Mothering Sunday,
Sam

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You definitely wouldn't miss it if you were in the UK, I remember all the shops being plastered with Mother's Day signs last year... So much so that I rushed into the first card-shop I saw, chose and filled out a card quickly, went straight to the post and sent it off to my Mom. Only to realize, a few minutes later, that the dates were different in the UK and Croatia as well.

Well, it's never a bad time to send your Mom some love. :)

Denise said...

yup, I totally missed Mother's Day in the UK, well I missed sending flowers to mam, I will do that next week, but my sis told me last night it was MD today! so I at least called my Mam to wish her a lovely day!
Love those cute bunny pics :)

At Home Mommy Knits said...

You are so no the ball with getting so much easter stuff done so early! Love the easter card too cute, and the flower card at the top with the beads hidden? Adorable!

Donna said...

Daren always forgets Mothering Sunday. He usually get an upset call asking why we couldn't even bother to send a card. We managed to call on Saturday, so she was happy this year.

Andi said...

Those easter baskets are too cute. You are always so creative. Now what's not to love about the bunny ears, on both Naomi and Bruno. :)

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Naomi and Bruno look so adorable with their bunny ears :) I love your card and Easter basket!

I had so much fun shopping for fabric with you and Stacey! I can't wait to get started on our bags tomorrow :)