Friday, May 07, 2010

Barn raising update

Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts for the baby wedding cardigan. I added 2 more links to the list in the previous post, if you want to check those out, and comment?

Anyhoo here's a quick update on barn raising... I've been continuing to knit the sock yarn squares and I have 35 now! That's right, I'm on the home stretch!

look at all these squares

My plan is to try and finish this project by the time my maternity leave is up at the end of the month. I think it is possible to knit the final few by then. But I'm not sure how long it will take to assemble... we'll see.

More to knit?

By the way, for any fans of ravelympics (and other timed-based knitting/sporting-related events) out there, do you know that there is a world cup group out on ravelry -- WIP Cup. The focus is to finish WIPs during the world cup. And there are prizes!

I'm thinking of bringing the araucania hexagon blanket out of hibernation for this event. This could be a lofty goal - finishing a blanket in a month with a wee one at home, and a full-time job to return to. But I do like a good challenge.

hexagons

Hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend,
Sam

7 comments:

Vicki said...

LOVE the expression in the first photo. So cute!

And I might just have to join in the WIP Cup, despite my complete lack of interest in the World Cup. Thanks for linking :)

Pooch said...

Every time I see your baby, my heart flips. She is the cutest little girl ever! So much personality in a tiny package!
:)

Andi said...

Happy Mother's day to you!! Your girl has to be the most wonderful little person I have ever seen! She just makes you want to smile then munch on her.

BTW- love the hexagons.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sam! Happy Mother's Day!!!
Naomi makes me laugh a lot in these pics!!! She is so expressive, and beatiful!!! I let my mom see her and she loves Naomi too!!! :-)

As regards to the cardi, I love Baby Bolero by Annie Amelia, in that way the dress will be close up ;-)

And all the blankets are wonderful: the one made by your friends and the one you will make with squares: they are gorgeous!!!! I love them! ;-)

Take care,
xoxo

Bubblesknits said...

Okay, she is so freakin' precious! :) Love the blankets you're working on. Both of them are so colorful and vibrant.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I love all the squares and Naomi's expressions! Thanks for mentioning the WIP Cup... I'll have to check it out. I bet you could finish the hexagon blanket :)

jeanhmaher@yahoo.com said...

Naomi is so sweet. I love her hair:) I also love the araucania hexagon blanket. Could you direct me to a pattern? The colors are so happy in the blanket. Seems to me this would go well in Naomi's bedroom?!