Thursday, December 31, 2009

Frances the Charismatic Monster

Another monster has been completed for the nursery -- Frances the Charismatic Monster. Yay for a fun pattern from Danger Crafts.


Mum had started this when she was over on her pre-baby visit last month. I picked it up again the other morning while watching The English Patient and was able to polish off 2 legs and an arm. That gave me all the incentive I needed to just knuckle down and finish off the remaining arm and ears and sew this cutesy pie together. (That's right, I'm putting this holiday break and pre-baby time to good relaxing and crafty use!)

Here's the details:
  • Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Worsted in Snapdragon. I think Mum and I may have used 4 balls between us. And that's only because we used a double strand (in hindsight not necessary, but it does make the fabric denser).
This was gifted to me by Nachaele when she moved from Colorado last year - I think she'll agree it's been put to good use :) And I think there might be enough left to make a cute cardigan wrap like this one (ravelry link).
  • Needles: US 6
  • Mods: I chose to handstitch eyes and teeth again since it is intended for a baby


Ooh I am looking forward to seeing how the nursery will turn out. I also painted the walls yesterday. Opted for a traditional pale pink. Nothing too bright -- I'd like the fun accessories to pop and be the feature.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it. So good. Looking forward to seeing any others you might make. xx

Emma said...

Frances is indeed very charismatic, especially with that jaunty bow!

I love the monsters you're making for your little girl's nursery, they're very sweet.

Oiyi said...

Awesome! Also, Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

It is so lovely!!!!! I love it! And this time you have knitted a monster in my favourite color!! :-)
Thinking how to make nursery have to be so fun and amazing!!! I can't wait to see pics about it!!

Happy 2010!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute and fun! :)

Denise said...

She's adorable, a pale pink room sounds like it will be lovely for these cutie monsters. Can't wait to see it.
Happy New Year to you.
:)

Bea said...

So cute! Now that you've said it I can't wait to see how the nursery comes out. Happy new year!