Sunday, September 06, 2009

Halloween papercrafting

The other week I was hanging out and stamping with my friend Cheryl. She taught me to make some cute Halloween goodies:


There's the card of course, but also the 2 candy carriers. One is a little gift bag that's made from scratch, the other is a decorated recycled/cleaned Frappuccino bottle that's filled with M&Ms. Cute heh? I love these little giveaway/party favour ideas.

As it turns out, for my monthly stamp club swap, the ladies chose a 3d swap. So I put my new candy-carrier-making skills into action and replicated the little gift bag that Cheryl had taught me how to make with some fun black stripe/red skully paper. I filled them with some Hershey's kisses so the stamping ladies can use as Halloween giveaways if they choose.


These are adorable, but they did take me all night to make! Well worth the effort as a one-off, but I don't think I'll be mass producing for the kids in the neighbourhood come Oct 31st!

5 comments:

At Home Mommy Knits said...

They are totally adorable and have me yearning for Halloween :)

Oiyi said...

They are so cute! Any kid would be delighted to receive that little treat bag.

I can't believe it's that time of year soon. I don't even have a costume for Melody.

Anonymous said...

Bet Jac would love these - she loves anything with skulls. They are great. x

Rima said...

Oh, how cool is all that stuff! And I am loving the skull gift bag. Especially the hearts for eyes! Hehe.

marycatharine said...

These are so neat! Halloween is the perfect crafty oportunity for going all out but you're right a neighbourhoods worth might be a bit much.