Saturday, March 07, 2009

Here and there cables update

What a great pattern -- I'm loving the 'here and there cables' on this scarf. The pattern is very simple to memorize, and the cables appear on both sides of the scarf (I find it a little odd when scarves have a distinct 'wrong side'). The instructions recommend lightly blocking the cables and I can see why -- they really open up and look stunning!


I don't know if I'll be able to get this done before Friday. I should have realized that this is quite the ambitious goal! Of course it won't be the end of the world if I don't complete it by the end of this coming week... but it would be nice to gift to my friend when I see her in person next weekend.


As for the 'bowl', I'd tried my hand at throwing pottery a year or two ago. It was a great class, but it seems I have limited talent for this craft -- with some very bizarre looking pots to prove it! This one comes in handy because it prevents the yarn ball rolling all over the place.

Ooh and since I'm enjoying project spectrum's green theme, I wanted to share some of my recent swag here. I swung by Colorful Yarn today to hang out with some of the girls, and to check out Mary-Kay's trunk show. I came away with some of her wonderful Red Rocks yarn - the Aspen sock in colourway Granny Smith! I'm thinking about making a striped cardigan out of this yummy stuff.


And last, but not least, it was a work friend's birthday this last week and so I made her a pair of turquoise and coral earrings. When I'm in need of instant gratification, and a quick gift, I'll dive into my tin of beads and see what I can create. These are pretty simple, but I do love the 2 different colors of turquoise and the coral together.


Ok back to the scarf... If nothing else, I'm determined!
Sam

14 comments:

Bea said...

Wow. Everything looks lovely. I even like your bowl. I have a fondness for ones that aren't quite perfect.

Anonymous said...

Love the scarf.......stunning!

The new yarn is great! I can't wait to see it in a sweater!

Love the earrings.......you are so talented! :)

peaknits said...

What a talent - those earrings are so happy - perfect for the dreary days here in WI - thanks for the kick! And that scarf - those cables are fabulous. That yarn is so springy too - I love the picture.

Anonymous said...

Sam... it's wonderful your scarf!!I love the color and the pot in which you put the ball, the same color of your scarf!Wonderful!

Also the earrings.. You have done them by your hands? But.. they are really, really Beatiful! Your friend will be very happy!!And lucky too :-)

Anonymous said...

Well I just love the bowl! And the scarf!

Anonymous said...

Those green yarns are just beautiful and so is that scarf! Just a lot of pretty green loveliness.

Anonymous said...

Those green yarns are just beautiful and so is that scarf! Just a lot of pretty green loveliness.

Lisa Stepi said...

That scarf is beautiful, and so are your new yarns - I love green:) Really like those earrings you made as well.

Oiyi said...

Love the new yarn! The greens are gorgeous! I am rooting for you to finish the scarf.

Anonymous said...

It's funny that I have trouble visualizing cables in multi coloured yarn but the greens and cables here are a perfect match. Love all the greens!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Love the scarf! It's looking great in that yarn :)

Beautiful yarn by Mary-Kay; can't wait to see the sweater!

I've always wanted to try throwing pottery. Your bowl looks perfect for holding yarn!

Anonymous said...

The scarf is looking great! And I love how you are keeping the yarn in a co-ordinated bowl!

Lisa Stepi said...

I left you an award on my blog.

Courtney said...

I love turquoise and coral together. Ceramics takes a lot of practice but I like your practice pot.
That cable pattern reminds me of the Rockin' Sock Club Inside Out sock pattern that I just battled with again unsuccesfully.