Sunday, March 01, 2009

Colorado Rocks

I've had it in my mind for some time that I'd love to capture a sunrise at Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre.


Red Rocks is a spectacular venue that's nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. It is impressive during daylight hours. I could only imagine how dazzling it would be in the wee hours of the morning as the sun was coming up. This morning I ventured out and was not disappointed. The skies looked as though they'd been painted in shades of yellow, pink and blue.



Red Rocks is a famous venue for concert lovers. It also hosts some church services -- I've heard that the Easter sunrise service is something to behold. And can you imagine getting married here?


The highlight though for me this morning was on my journey out of the park - there were grazing deer almost at every turn.




The scenery and wildlife are two of the many things that I love about living in Colorado. In fact, only last weekend we were taking a trip down to Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs when we came across a herd of grazing Buffalo.




I consider myself very lucky to live here.
Hope you are also enjoying a wonderful Sunday, and a Happy March 1st.
Sam

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great photos! I live in the southwest, and sunrises here are spectacular as well! I especially love your photos of the bison. What majestic animals they are.

Donna said...

Kelly, Ruth and I watched the sunrise from the there on the winter solstice. It is spectacular. Your pictures are amazing.

Oiyi said...

Wow, wow, wow! It does seem very amazing! Beautiful photos.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! It makes me miss Colorado even more! Thanks for sharing!

peaknits said...

Wow, Colorado does rock! Your pictures are amazing too!

Bea said...

Lovely. Colorado is quite beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Sam these are absolutely stunning photographs! I love the shots of the deer!

Anonymous said...

What fabulous photos! Thank you so much for sharing them!

Anonymous said...

Stunning photos.

Have you ever thought of running a workshop? I'd take it in an instant. I've got the camera, but no skills. I'll bet that others would sign up too.

Ana Petrova said...

I have to comment too! WOW your photos are wonderful!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I just love your photos, Sam! They look amazing :)