Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Busy Bee

Things have been pretty hectic here recently. So unfortunately not a lot to report on the knitting/finished object front.

So what's going on? Well, my stepkids are here for the summer and I'm trying to spend as much time as possible with them as our visits are too few and far between. I think the world of these guys. This last weekend we spent 4 days in Durango, and visiting nearby Mesa Verde. It was a lot of fun to get away and hang out together.



And, I got to add to the Colorado yarn tour with 4 more stops to add to the list (more to come on that over the next week or so...)

The other news is that I got a new job! Yahhoooooooo! Same company, different part of the business. Lots of new lingo, acronyms, people, products and services to learn about. And a lot of wrapping up to do in my current job. Although the new job start date is Friday August 1 (which means tomorrow is going to be one crazy busy day!)

I'll be back soon with knitting content. Promise.

10 comments:

Bea said...

oh how exciting! Congrats on your new job and a fun week with the steps!

Susan Luni said...

I recognized those cliff dwellings immediately, though the time I saw them it was November (brrr!). It's a fascinating place. Congrats on the new job!
I'm looking forward to the yarn tour.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like you are really excited about that. And looks like you are having great fun touring Colorado.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

So glad you're able to spend time with your stepkids and have a fun vacation! Congratulations on the new job!! I hope tomorrow isn't too crazy :)

Stacey said...

Congrats and I can't wait to hear about your yarn shop adventures! :) Hope to see you soon at a knit night!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome that you got to go to more yarn shops! I can't wait to hear all about them and see what you got!

Congrats on the new job! Lots of "news" going on these days!

Miss ya, my friend!
Nachaele

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job!

Have a fantastic time with your family. That looks like a beautiful place to visit.

Corwink said...

YAY!! I knew you would get it! Does that mean we get to keep you or will you be transfering? I am doing the happy dance!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great first day! Great to see you enjoying your step children too. Looks like you're having a fab time there.

WandaWoman said...

Congrats on the new job! Sounds busy and hectic but in a good way!