Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Blessings

So far the day has brought some wonderful news...

My brother phoned to tell me he got engaged to his lovely lady. I'm thrilled and couldn't be happier for them both.

I love how he surprised her: he hid the ring inside her chocolate Easter egg! (It's a big deal to swap chocolate Easter eggs in the UK -- they are chocolate shells, that are filled with sweets and then wrapped in decorative foil.)

He had unwrapped the foil, heated a knife to cut a hole in the egg, so that he could hide the ring in it, and then resealed with some melted chocolate before re-wapping and packaging the whole thing!

I'm sure she must have been blown away to find the sparkler beautifully wrapped and hidden in her egg and my brother on bended knee! Too cute!

And if that wasn't enough to have me beaming from ear to ear, I also learned that my cousin had a healthy baby girl! Oooh let the girly baby knits begin!

Wishing you all a Happy Easter,
Sam :)

7 comments:

Bea said...

Congrats to your brother! What a romantic way to propose!

Denise said...

I miss the English easter eggs, I wrote about them this week on my daily blog!
Congrats to your brother and his now fiance :-) Wondering what type of yummy easter egg it was? ;)

Anonymous said...

How fun and exciting!!! What a creative way to hide the ring! I love it!

How fun that you finally get to knit some little pink things! :) I have a bootie book that you can use :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your brother! That must have one heck of a surprise for her...and a risky one too if she eats her chocolate eggs as quickly as I do!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Congratulations to your brother! What an awesome way for him to propose :)

And congratulations to your cousin! How fun to knit girly baby stuff. Glad you had a nice Easter :)

Anonymous said...

Aww... how sweet! Congrats to all of them!

Corwink said...

Wow it sounds like you had a great Easter. All this wedding and baby news is so exciting. I am sad that you didn't get any chocolate eggs. Don't feel bad I didn't get any either but it was by choice.