Monday, February 18, 2008

Love

I just returned from a long weekend in Vegas with Joe and some good friends. It was fab! The highlight of the weekend was seeing the Cirque du Soleil show 'Love'; a tribute to The Beatles. I think Cirque du Soleil performances are spectacular, and this was enhanced by a great compilation of Beatles tunes. Loved it!


Other than that, I walked my little legs off - up the length and breadth of the strip. I'd never been to Vegas before and everything is mind blowingly massive. The hotels are essentially mini towns all under one roof. So large in fact that it's easy to lose your bearings in them. But, they are amazing to see and experience. It was such a fun weekend and a great way to spend Valentines.

A little knitting content: I did have a Noro sock for company on the flight. I fell in love with the colours in this sock yarn a little while ago and was lucky enough to stumble across some in a local yarn store recently.


And last but not least - the new Rowan magazine was waiting for me when I got home. Yay! Love it, love it, love it! Soo many more projects to add to the queue. Not enough time to knit them.

Hope you had a great Valentines weekend with loved ones,
Sam

8 comments:

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

So glad you had a fun weekend in Vegas! Your sock is looking great :D

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun in Vegas! Love how the Noro Sock yarn is knitting up!

Susan Luni said...

Ah, "Vegas", I bet that was fun. I love Cirque du Soleil, too. The last time I went there, I think I slept about 5 hours, and that was a 5 day trip!

Corwink said...

Oooohhhhhh!!!! I think I am going to have to steal those socks so that I can wear them when I use my Counterpane Carpet Bag of the same color. LOL!!

Terri Lynn said...

Love the love! and the socks too!!!

Bea said...

So glad you had a great time in Vegas! We went to see the Beatles show over New Years. Its really really good.

I love that sock. SO so pretty.

Anonymous said...

I so want to see that show! Glad it was a good time!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great time! Cirque du Soleil is fab isn't it. And you sneaked in another sock too!
Race ya to casting on something from Rowan 43!!!