Saturday, July 07, 2007

Excuses for having a multitude of projects

I started another new project -- Rowan Joy in cotton tape. This should be a nice quick, mindless knit.


I don't know about you, but I like to have a variety of projects on the go:
  • The 'mindless knit' -- the projects that I'll pull out when a good movie comes on TV.
  • The 'attention to detail knits' -- the projects that I'll pull out when I want to shut myself away, listen to some good music and completely focus on something.
  • The 'portable knit' -- the stuff that I'll pull out if I'm travelling, or going somewhere there's likely to be a wait.
  • The 'gift knit' -- the stuff that brings the most joy 'cos it brings a smile to someone else's face :)

And then there are those projects that move between the categories depending upon where I am in the process. For example, the Roadster sweater falls in the mindless knit category... until it comes to picking up the stitches from the border, and then it falls into the 'attention to detail' pile. I did make some progress on this recently -- the Roadster now has a front:


My portable project: Hedera socks. One of the socks is complete, but I'm not too thrilled with the colour I chose... it's too dark and grungy looking. In fact I'm soo unimpressed that this rarely sees the light of day!


And then there's my recent 'gift knit' -- a knitted robot!!

Ian had seen 'Craft' magazine with the robots on the front and thought it was hilarious. Jessica and I decided we'd each make one (a great way to make a dent in the ever-growing stash). I bought the magazine... only to find out that the pattern isn't actually included... and it's not even available for purchase on the web anymore! Aah well, I figured that since it's essentially a bunch of squares, Jessica and I could create our own versions using the pic as inspiration. So here's Ian's completed bizzarro 'bot:

No comments: